RSS
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Parenting Tip: Old Macdonald – Papa’s Extended Version


Of all the nursery rhymes that have been sung to me, one of my favourites is Old Macdonald – one of the few songs which never fails to calm me down when I’m crying or demanding for attention.

However, since the song isn’t very long by nature, Papa has thrown in a few more animals into the song so that it becomes an extended version that can last for up to about 20 minutes of playtime! I kid you not! Hee!

I would like to share this extended version with everyone today, thinking it may be a helpful song for other parents who may need to sing the song longer than it usual length.

Old Macdonald had a farm

E-I-E-I-O

And on his farm he had some dogs

E-I-E-I-O

And a here, and a there

Here there , everywhere

Old Macdonald had a farm

E-I-E-I-O

Repeat, replacing animal sounds in <…..> appropriately:

Cats – Meow

Cows – Moo

Ducks – Quack

Geese – Cackle

Hens – Cluck

Worms – Squirm

Pigs – Oink

Birds – Chirp

Bees – Buzz

Frogs – Ribid

Flies – Zzzz

Horse – Neigh

Sheep – Baa

Goat – Mek

Snakes – Sssss

Monkeys – Hoo

Donkeys – Heehaw

Rabbits – Hop

Roosters – Cockcrow

Gophers – Dig

Rats – Squeak

Lions – Roar

Rhinos – Gore

More Dogs – Woof, woof woof…

More Cats – Meow, meow meow…

Etc.

End:

Old Macdonald had a farm

E-I-E-I-O

And on his farm he had Collin

E-I-E-I-O

And a poop poop here, and a poop poop there

Here poop there poop, everywhere poop poop

Old Macdonald had a farm

And it’s a smelly farm…

Come to think of it, considering the number of animals in the song, we could also replace farm with zoo! Hee!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah...where is this farm located? got rhinos and lions samo...

Copyright 2009 Collin's Kennel. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by Blogger and Blogger Templates.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy