RSS
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Laid Low and Stitched


Whew! Am really glad that the ordeal is over. I would consider the operation last weekend as a major milestone of my growing up phase. Imagine having to fast from food of all sorts about 4-5 hours prior to the operation; having to wake up so early in the morning in order to reach the hospital by 7.30am.

Upon registration, I was dressed up in an adult operatee apparel (see! I knew people my age seldom go for ops!) and wheeled in this ultra cool four sides of steel cage to the operation floor.


The nurses were quite shocked to see such a happy smiley face going into an operation. Papa and Mama told me to be strong that day, so I cannot fail them. Hee! My ENTertainment doc was surprisingly not there yet. Sometime after 8.30am, he finally came to start the procedure by giving me some kinds of gas that made me pass out. When I came to, the operation was already over! Didn’t feel any pain at all at that time (thanks Mr Gas) but it only kicked in sometime later that night.

Check out those spidey web-shooters on my left wrist....hee!

The operation was pretty fast too – no more than 30 minutes, including the waiting time. By 9.15am thereabouts, I was already reunited with Papa and Mama again, who carried me back to my ward where I rested for the next few hours for observation. My mouth area did feel some numbness though…

my ward number...2253...specially for any readers who feel lucky....hee hee...

Anyhow, I had a four-bedded ward all to myself! It was a pretty cool ward with FOUR teevees hanging from the ceiling! Now if I could convince Papa to hang a few more likewise back home…My doc came to check on me slightly after noon and said should be OK for me to go home. He did warn that drinking Mama’s goodness may be a challenge for the next few days. Also, my stitches should come off by itself or disappear together with my acidic saliva (hee!) within the next few days.

By 3.30pm, we left for home, with memories of this scary adventure of my first (and hopefully last!) ever operation. I overheard that the total cost involved is even higher than the cost incurred to deliver me from the same hospital!

Back to my playful self!

Guess it isn’t easy to raise me up huh? Thank you Papa and Mama for bringing me through this. Hopefully now with my tongue released, I can look forward to becoming more of a chatterbox in the future…

Ahhh....it's finally over! :-D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you're alright, collin! *big hugs*

Anonymous said...

You are one brave little kid, Collin! Hope drinking Mama's goodness won't be a trouble!

Copyright 2009 Collin's Kennel. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by Blogger and Blogger Templates.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy