RSS
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

V


(warning: my first lame attempt at monologue poetry)

It started with a whimper. I had just woken up.
Silence.
I stretched. Grunted. Snorted.
Silence.
Not a good sign.
The whimper turned to a moan. To a cry. To a wail.
I was definitely hollering for a bail.

Footsteps. Ah…it works.
The feed was good. Mmmm. Yummy.
Certainly filled my tummy.
I cried one more time.
For attention.
For a cradle.
It came promptly. These adults sure have quick feet.

I cried again. Sounded like I was in pain.
I was not feeling ill so it had to mean only one thing.
The props came promptly. These adults sure have quick hands.
Snap off. Wipe off.
Snap on. Smile on.

I cried again.
For attention.
For a cradle.
It was time for my nap.
It was time to call it a wrap.
The cradle came eventually.
The rock. The sway. The comfiness.
Very quickly led to sleepiness.
I yawned. Eyes feeling droopy.
The cradle started to move. I could feel it.
But I was too tired to make any sense of it.
Felt sneaky.
Felt sly.
I was soon at the door of the cot.
No knocking required. It was all so inviting.
So perfectly set up for sleeping.

Gently I was laid down.
I let out a moan of contentment. Of satisfaction.
As my eyelids started to cave in, I caught a glimpse.
Yes, I saw it.
The letter V.
Two arms apparently raised in jubilation.
Accompanied with a sigh of achievement.
The letter V. The letter V.

2 comments:

rinnah said...

Whose arms were raised in that V? *curious*

Anonymous said...

Duh to Rinnah's comments...the "cradle's" arms la!

Copyright 2009 Collin's Kennel. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by Blogger and Blogger Templates.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy