RSS
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Blood and Needles (BAN)


After numerous trips to hospitals and clinics, I have decided that two things that I don’t really like when I’m there would be blood and needles. It should be BANned.

I have faced them too many times that I cared to even remember. Since Day 1 when they poked my heel to do some baby test…and then a few days later I was poked again for the jaundice test…and then again for another jaundice test. I think I now understand why even adults don’t like needles…

However, my worst BAN experience was the night when I reached Sitiawan. It was getting pretty late when Papa and Mama decided to take me to see the doctor to check on my jaundice. Since it was going to be a simple blood test, they took me to a Government hospital in Manjung. O what a nightmare it turned out to be.

Papa and Mama were asked to leave the lab where they would do the blood test. If you thought getting poked in the heel was bad enough, the staff nurses at this hospital made things worse. They actually took blood from the veins on my hand! And that’s not the last of it. I think they took enough blood to run experiments for days! I’m sure I didn’t sign up to donate blood that night. My bloodied mittens left Papa and Mama speechless and I don’t think they will bring me back there again. ;-D

6 comments:

rinnah said...

Gosh! That sounds absolutely horrifying... bloody mittens...

Peter & Joyce said...

bloodied mittens!!!??? They are supposed to put plaster on the hands la!!! terrible!
By the way, the parents are asked to leave because there have been cases of mommies (especially) breaking down.

Argentinadog said...

yeah.it was a traumatic experience indeed. talk about breakdowns, i'm sure papa would be breaking some things too if he was in the lab with me. ;-p

..anyway, i'm ok now. i'm sure the poor hospital must be really in need of blood donors..

ajeff said...

goment...semua tak boleh caya...

PabloPabla said...

Yeah...I heard people screaming bloody murder at that! and yes, like what uncle Ajeff said, don't trust no gomen. But then hor, that place new gomen, right?

Argentinadog said...

no lah...the murder episode took place before new gomen took over...but I don't think I wanna try new gomen in the same hospital again...trauma, trauma...

Copyright 2009 Collin's Kennel. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by Blogger and Blogger Templates.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy