RSS
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

The Full Moon Chronicles


(warning: long-winded journal ahead)

My full moon lunch celebration had already been arranged at 12.30pm at Palace Restaurant, Hotel Excelsior Ipoh on 22 March 2008. The small gathering would only consist of three tables of immediate families and close relatives.

As early as 9.00am, Papa, Mama, Ah Por and Ah Mai were busy getting ready for the short travel up from Sitiawan to Ipoh for this celebration. I was punctually given my bath, which was much longer than usual (hmmm…benefits of a one moon in rank, perhaps…), powdered up and dressed up in a smart-looking green collared outfit. It was about 10.30am when Mama proceeded to feed me one round before we started our journey. I caught a glimpse of several other bottles of Mama’s goodness being packed as well so I wasn’t too worried.

We were already more than half an hour behind time when we left the house in Sitiawan about a quarter past 11.00am. Sure, blame it on the baby…*sulks*

The ride up to Ipoh was quite smooth except for some rain which fell in stretches. It was an almost perfect condition to sleep, which I did, for close to an hour. Felt like having a snack as we approached Ipoh so I started wailing. Eveready Mama pulled out a warmed bottle of milk and fed me till we reached the hotel.


I have to admit I was really in a daze when I was carried into the room filled with complete strangers greeting and smiling at me whilst congratulating Papa and Mama. Am I truly related to these people? How did these gold bling blings get around my neck and ankle? Gosh, my world just got bigger. So many aunties and uncles and cousins I need to take note of. Sure hope my brain continues to expand…wanted to get some tips from Ethan Koko on how to memorise all these faces but he seemed preoccupied that afternoon.

Everyone there were looking so happy and excited to see me I just could not contain myself too. So I decided announce my arrival with the biggest poop-explosion to date. This happened seconds before the waitresses brought out the food, so Papa and Mama had to scoot me off to a nearby room to attend to me. So big was this explosion that I had literally pooped downwards (as usual) AND upwards - staining the upper-part of the body, including my nice green outfit. Hey, don’t ask me to explain why my poop didn’t follow the law of gravity, OK? Fortunately, ever-planning Papa had brought another fresh new outfit for me to wear after the massive clean-up operation.

When we returned to the table, most of the dishes were already halfway through so I didn’t have the chance to post some photos here. Anyhow, when I found out what they were serving, I didn’t want to post anything about the food too. You see, here we have a celebration for me (!) and the adults are treating themselves to rice with lemon fried chicken, braised pork leg in groundnut sauce, some green vegetables, watercress soup, mantis prawn in oats, some steamed fish and finished off with dessert of peanut soup and pancakes. And all poor me had was, (drumroll), milk…Sigh.

Seeing all this, I thought I might as well get some shut eye first. Little did I know, I was cradled around by different different hands during that time, being paraded here and there, and photos taken too. After about the hundredth snap and flash that I heard, I woke up a little annoyed and hungry, which led to my next feed.

By then, almost everyone had filled their stomachs and started to say goodbye to me before leaving. Everyone also took home a full moon package consisting of the angkus, red eggs and yellow glutinous rice with curry chicken. And all I took home was milk…

Anyway, barring the unfairness of food distribution, I truly enjoyed myself and am really honoured to have so many close relatives (from as far as Alor Setar, Penang and Sitiawan) making their journey to have a up close and personal view of cute lil’ me .;-D With the type of feast they had, I'm sure all the adults enjoyed themselves too.

A double thank you thank you to my Chor-Chor who made the effort to come. I truly appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. You certainly look so happy from this photo that I just had to put it up here. Thank you Chor-Chor for making my full moon celebration truly memorable! ;-D

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Big celebration. Happy 1 Month old.

Peter & Joyce said...

Thanks for all the food! We were all very full indeed! The yellow rice and curry still in the fridge though.

PabloPabla said...

Phooiyo! Thanks for the big set you delivered to Uncle PabloPabla and family in advance!

Did you celebrate with PaPa on the 3-0 victory??? :D Uncle PabloPabla was dreaming when PaPa's sms came thru. What a pleasant nite it was :D

Argentinadog said...

steff >> thank you jiejie steff. ;-D

peter & joyce >> ur welcome. hope to grow up big, round and strong like ethan koko soon!..

pablopabla >> ur welcome unc pablo. didn't celebrate with papa cos he's back in KL. Not really sure what he is celebrating yet. Perhaps I'm still too young to understand. but papa does like to wear these jerseys when he comes to see and cradle me though...hmmm..

rinnah said...

What a first month celebration!

From reading Uncle PabloPabla's comment, I deduce that Papa does not follow the same team as Auntie Joyce and Uncle Pete? Hehe.

Argentinadog said...

wahh...jiejie rinnah must be from CSI team...so smart one. I don't really understand all these teams yet, but i think papa supports some red team with the label AIG in front. Sometimes also got AFA..

Copyright 2009 Collin's Kennel. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by Blogger and Blogger Templates.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy